The Orphanet website provides access to:
- A comprehensive inventory of rare diseases classified according to a polyhierarchical
- An encyclopaedia with textual information on rare diseases
- An inventory of high-quality articles published by other journals or learned societies.
- An inventory of orphan drugs and of drugs intended for rare diseases, at all stages of
development, from orphan designation to market authorisation.
- A catalogue of expert services, validated by national experts in the Orphanet member countries
- Thematic studies and reports on overarching subjects: the “Orphanet Report Series” (ORS),
published as PDF documents.
- OrphaNews. The newsletter of the rare disease community, written in English, covering
both scientific and political news. This newsletter is also published in French and Italian.